Assistant Facility Manager
Pattern Energy Group Inc. (Pattern) is a premium independent power company that owns eight wind power projects in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada and Chile, which use proven, best-in-class technology and have a total owned capacity of 1,041 MW. The wind projects were developed by Pattern's parent company, Pattern Energy Group LP (Pattern Development), a leader in the wind industry.
Pattern intends to maximize long-term value for its shareholders in an environmentally responsible manner and with respect for the communities where it operates. Pattern's business is built around the core values of creating a safe, high-integrity and exciting work environment; applying rigorous analysis to all aspects of its business; and proactively working with stakeholders.
Pattern has offices in Toronto, New York, Houston, San Francisco and San Diego with its corporate headquarters in San Francisco and asset management team based in Houston.
This position will be responsible for providing technical and sub-contractor support to the Facility Manager for the operations and maintenance of a 270 MW wind farm. This includes managing the facility's sub-contractors, site maintenance and operation, training, equipment testing, responding to emergencies and HSSE performance.
- Manage, direct, report on and audit OEM vendor operations and maintenance activities at the facility.
- Manage, direct, plan and coordinate day to day plant operations and maintenance.
- Work with OEM to investigate, report on and identify root cause of turbine faults.
- Assist Facility Manager in Maintaining regulatory compliance with all Federal, provincial, and local regulations and associated permits. This includes all applicable safety, health and environmental regulations.
- Assist Facility Manager in Maintaining compliance with and optimization of facility contractual obligations.
- Understand local market conditions, ensure facility capability data is current, and operate to schedule as wind allows.
- Assist Facility Manager in development of and managing the facility annual operating plan and budget.
- Assist Facility Manager in implementing, managing, updating and maintaining facility procedures, site policies, training programs, safety programs and work practices.
- Assist Facility Manager in developing emergency response plans for potential equipment failure scenarios.
- Monitor facility performance, investigate and correct abnormal conditions, including integral ownership of procurement process for subcontractors, as required to correct abnormalities.
- Propose, evaluate and implement equipment and system improvements.
- Manage on site subcontractors and coordinate multiple subcontractor operations.
- Assure a positive working environment by maintaining discipline, morale, and employee relations.
- Manage the CMMS system as the site Subject Matter Expert.
- Maintains ability and awareness to work safely in a variety of conditions. Responsible for the oversight of those under his/her direction. Monitors and instructs staff regarding safe work habits in all activities. Caution others, as necessary, in working in a safe manner.
EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION REQUIRED Educational Requirements
Technical diploma or degree is preferred.
Required Work Experience
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in a technical role
- Experience in commissioning, operations or maintenance of power facilities with preference for wind experience.
- Knowledge of wind generation power facilities, including commissioning, operationing and maintenaning.
- P&L experience.
- Utility work protection code.
- Medium or high voltage operating and maintenaning experience.
- AREVA, Schwietzer and GE Multilin relay operation and programming.
- Project management.
- Electrician licence or utility trained linesman.
- Data analytics experience.
- Condition based monitoring experience.
PATTERN ENERGY GROUP INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER SEND RESUME TO ERICK.MATTHIESEN@PATTERNENERGY.COM