GL Garrad Hassan (GL GH) is the world’s largest independent technical and engineering consultancy for renewable energy, serving the onshore and offshore wind, wave, tidal and solar sectors. From its offices across the globe, it offers a full service to stakeholders at all stages of the renewable energy project lifecycle which includes engineering, consultancy services, industry standard technology products and professional training courses.
GL Garrad Hassan is looking to recruit a a Project Manager for the Independent Engineering Group responsible for supporting the strong growth of GL Garrad Hassan Independent Engineering consulting services worldwide. This position is responsible for providing technical consulting and producing independent engineering reports for Clients that are due diligence assessments of utility grade wind and solar power generation projects. GL Garrad Hassan North America’s clients are often financial companies relying upon the report as part of their investment decision making process.
This position can be based in the GL Garrad Hassan North America offices located in San Diego (CA) or Montreal (QC).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The GL Garrad Hassan North America Project Manager will be responsible for performing various stages of project management on multiple projects and will be well versed in MS Office products. The position will be responsible for organizing the technical due diligence process for projects, communicating and resolving technical issues with Clients, and travelling to projects in all parts of the country to perform ongoing site inspections related to construction progress on infrastructure and turbine installation, including inspection of turbines up-tower. The position is responsible for addressing concerns and issues of the Client related to the project, placing a premium on the Client’s time.
- Developing and concluding proposals for scopes of services related to due diligence work.
- Initiating and coordinating the technical review process among internal specialists.
- Performing portions of the due diligence reviews, including contract and financial model reviews.
- Coordinating input from technical specialists and writing of the due diligence reports.
- Following up on open issues with the Client, including coordinating input on such issues from internal technical specialists as necessary.
- Leading meetings with clients to discuss IE report questions and concerns.
- Coordinating construction monitoring by GL Garrad Hassan, including performing audits.
- Supporting financial closing of projects relying upon the IE report and conclusion of project construction monitoring.
The position is required to understand technical concepts, including the finer details of such concepts as they relate to the Client’s need to understand them, and issues from internal technical specialists so as to assist the Client in understanding complex technical issues in layman’s terms. These include aspects of mechanical, electrical, and civil engineering. Detail knowledge of, or ability to deduce, such technical details without technical specialist assistance is not necessary. However, successful candidate must be able to grasp such details and articulate them to lay persons relying upon GL Garrad Hassan interpretation of such issues.
- Project management.
- Familiar with construction and supply contracts.
- Understanding of budgets and financial models.
- Able to establish and maintain good relations w/ clients.
- Solid technical background.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in heavy industry, wind industry experience preferred.
- Fluent in MS Office products.
- Capable of travelling to sites all around country and performing site visits (expected to be about 30% annual time).
- Written and verbal communication skills must be exceptional.
- BS degree in engineering or business from accredited 4 year university;
- MS preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Professional Engineer preferred
- Able to sit for long periods of time; when working in office.
- Repetitive tasks, typing, sitting and interacting with computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) most of the day.
- Working in an indoor, environmentally controlled environment when in office.
- Able to climb turbines with appropriate gear (approximately 100 meters up a vertical ladder in all climate conditions).
- Walk over rough or slippery terrain as experienced on heavy construction sites;
- Work in inclement weather conditions on occasion.
- The employee is required to travel up to 30% of time for periods of a week or more at a time.
GL Garrad Hassan North America is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the work place.
TO APPLY: We only consider online applications.
Please click on “Project Manager: on the following link to apply. http://glgarradhassan.applicantpro.com/jobs/
Please do not call. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
GL Garrad Hassan