Technical Operations Analyst
Technical Operations Analyst - AMOS
GL Garrad Hassan (GL GH) is the world’s largest independent technical and engineering consultancy for renewable energy, serving the onshore and offshore wind, wave, tidal and solar sectors. From its offices across the globe, it offers a full service to stakeholders at all stages of the renewable energy project lifecycle which includes engineering, consultancy services, industry standard technology products and professional training courses.
GL Garrad Hassan North America is looking to recruit a Technical Operations Analyst for the Asset Management and Optimization Services Team responsible for providing technical and commercial support to the Asset Management and Optimization Group. The focus of the role is to apply asset management knowledge and experience of operating wind farms to produce analysis of wind farm asset performance primarily in North America and in addition, work with other GL GH groups on special projects related to the operations and management of wind farm assets.
This position can be based in any seven of GL Garrad Hassan North America offices (Austin, TX; Peterborough, NH; Portland, OR; San Diego, CA, Montreal, Quebec; Ottawa, Ontario; or Vancouver B.C.)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and coordinate wind farm technical performance reviews, ensuring that clients are provided with timely requests for data and that deliverables are tracked and met in accordance with the proposal.
- Monitor and produce technical analysis of annual performance of operating wind farms, identifying issues and suggesting improvements to processes or remediation of issues.
- Perform site inspections and/or meet with wind farm owners and operators to discuss wind farm operations and performance.
- Utilize and update the GL GH O&M Cost Database with current major component cost data and failure rates to provide analysis for GL GH internal use of wind farm unscheduled maintenance costs.
- Support Senior Project Manager in producing White Papers and power point presentations for third parties with regard to O&M strategy and related costs for delivery to the general public.
- Assist in creating and delivering training courses on wind farm operations to third parties.
- Work with the Financial and Commercial Analyst to produce detailed annual budget review and variance analysis reports including writing and reviewing operational summaries.
- Produce written reviews of wind farm operational contracts and associated amendments.
- Produce analysis of wind farm operating strategy and third party bids for operational work identifying issues and risks arising.
- Coordinate with Inspections Team Leader to ensure that site inspections are performed on a timely basis and review results of site inspections and End of Warranty inspections and analysis.
- Provide technical input with regard to M&A and technical due diligence work and provide support to other GL GH groups in the form of written reports or participation on conference calls.
- Assist Senior Project Manager with analysis of internal GL GH costs to monitor performance of work against proposal and budget.
- Comprehensive knowledge of wind turbine components including gearboxes, generators, main bearings, blades, pitch and yaw systems, towers and foundations, electrical cabling and substations, and controllers/SCADA systems.
- Strong familiarity with the Operation and Maintenance of wind farm projects including O&M cost budgeting, turbine supply agreements and warranty contracts, scheduled maintenance programs, troubleshooting turbine faults, management of wind technician crews, and site health and safety requirements.
- Experience with visual turbine inspections, internal video probe inspections of gearboxes, blade inspections, oil and grease sample analysis, vibration monitoring systems, and generator insulation testing.
- Have a solid technical and contractual background
- Have excellent verbal and written skills
- Have ability to understand wind farm operational cost budgets
- Have the ability to read and interpret financial, contractual and operational data and reports in order to collate into a functional report.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Ability to write technical reports and commercial correspondence in English.
- Ability to present financial, technical and contractual information clearly and concisely.
- Fluent in other MS Office products including Project and PowerPoint.
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree from an accredited university with 5+ years experience in the wind industry OR 5+ years of experience in asset management or operations of wind farms.
- Proven experience of wind farm operations including analysis of wind farm performance, operating costs and contracts.
- Knowledge of SCADA systems is an advantage.
- Knowledge of statistics and databases is an advantage.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid driver’s license.
- Passport or documentation to allow international travel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to sit for long periods of time; the majority of the work for this position will be performed at a desk.
- Repetitive tasks, typing, sitting and interacting with computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) most of the day.
- Working in an indoor, environmentally controlled environment
- Able to occasionally lift 20 lbs.
- The employee will be required on occasion to travel to operational sites, to conferences, or visit clients or Company offices; typical time spent travelling is less than 25%.
GL Garrad Hassan North America is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the work place.
TO APPLY: We only consider online applications. Please use the following link to complete the application: http://glgarradhassan.applicantpro.com/jobs/
Please do not call. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
GL Garrad Hassan