Project Manager (Oakville, Ontario)
Advance your career – click here to join AMEC
AMEC is a focused supplier of high-value consultancy, engineering and project management services to the world's oil and gas, mining and metals, clean energy, environment and infrastructure markets. With annual revenues of over C$4.7 billion, AMEC designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets and employs some 27,000 people in around 40 countries worldwide. Find a company with a progressive culture that makes it stand out from the crowd – one that delivers excellence to its customers by believing in its people, never compromising on safety and always acting with integrity.
AMEC’s Power & Process business currently has an exciting opportunity available for a Project Manager, Power & Process in our Oakville, Ontario office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Overseeing the development of budgets, schedules and reports.
- Overseeing Project safety, quality, planning, budget, schedule, cost control, engineering, procurement, construction commissioning
- Coordinating project team members and sub-contractors to ensure cost effective, efficient, safe and timely completion of transmission and substation projects in order to meet and/or exceed client expectations.
- Relationship management of project stakeholders including
- Owner’s clients, financiers, owners and bankers engineers,
- joint venture partners,
- project team,
- suppliers subcontractors,
- regulatory authorities,
- other project stakeholders
- Acting as a professional resource for the successful completion of multiple challenging transmission and distribution projects.
- Developing and executing project plans, designs, and studies that meet the client’s needs and comply with all applicable regulations.
- Providing status reports to project sponsors regarding the overall project progress and performance.
- Developing and maintaining communication channels with clients, stake holders, and internal AMEC personnel to ensure that work flows smoothly as well as providing efficient project delivery services.
- Gathering up to date information first hand at project sites, meeting with clients and constantly monitoring work performances throughout the project life cycle.
- Managing scope changes proactively and resolving complex issues both with clients and internal teams.
- Mentoring and training junior project managers and project services support.
- University Degree, BSc in Engineering, Licensed to practice in Ontario.
- CET with significant engineering and construction management experience will be considered depending upon experience.
- Demonstrated experience (>3yrs) as project manager on complex EPC projects with values greater than $25,000,000. Track record of successful projects.
- Demonstrated engineering and or construction experience (>5 yrs) with accountability.
- Preferred experience in Renewable Energy projects, wind, solar, hydroelectric and/or Biomass.
- Experience in conventional power projects such as simple and combined cycle power plants as well as combined heat, power plants would be an preferred.
AMEC is an equal opportunity employer, a global leader in sustainability and recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2012. Since 2000, Engineering News Record magazine has ranked AMEC among the top International Design Firms. AMEC has also ranked at the top of its sector in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index since 2005. Are you ready for a rewarding career with AMEC? Join us now!
To apply for this position or to learn more about AMEC, please visit our career site at: www.amec.com/careers.
Reference Number 14032BR
We thank all applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or agency solicitations will be accepted. By submitting your personal profile and resume, you consent to AMEC sharing this information within its business units in order to identify other employment opportunities you may be suitable for.