BluEarth Renewables is a private company focused upon commercial-scale renewable energy development. As an independent renewable power producer, our goal is to build, own, and operate sustainable wind, water, and solar generation projects across North America. Our goals in the next five to seven years are: to acquire and build $1 billion of projects on-time and on-budget; and have projects in our pipeline for future growth that, when built, will have a total capital cost of $1 billion. We have approximately $170 million of founding capital committed by our management team, ARC Financial, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, and friends & family.
Our foundational values are:
Our organizational values are:
This role is a one year contract, with the potential to transition to a permanent role upon completion.
Reports directly to the Corporate Controller.
Accountabilities & Key Functions
In this role, the individual is accountable for supporting the accounting team. In all activities, dealings, and decisions the Accounting Assistant will exemplify the values of BluEarth Renewables Inc. (BluEarth or the Company). Key functions include:
- Preparing and/or posting journal entries.
- Maintaining accurate records for fixed and intangible assets.
- Preparing GST/HST for filing.
- Managing document flow, including routing documents for approval.
- Preparing and reviewing expense and time reports.
- Reviewing, coding, and preparing invoices for payment.
- Issuing cheques and electronic payments.
- Filing both hard and soft copies of accounting documents.
- Assisting with audit preparation and liaising with auditors for documentation requests.
- Completing bank reconciliations.
- Preparing and delivering bank deposits.
- Maintaining documentation for accounting processes and policies.
- Providing assistance to the accounting and administration team as required.
- Upholding and promoting the Company’s core values.
As the Company continues to grow, so too will the tasks of the Accounting Assistant. Future tasks may include:
- Assisting with preparation of Financial Statements and Notes for BluEarth or any subsidiary entities.
Minimum of accounting diploma or equivalent experience is required.
Experience & Skills
- Minimum two years recent accounting experience.
- Basic knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and good understanding of financial processes.
- Strong working knowledge of ACCPAC or similar accounting software.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and excellent data entry skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to identify and solve problems.
- Experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to exercise good judgement, show initiative, and be proactive.
- Highly detail oriented and committed to accuracy.
- Highly accountable, responsible and ethical.
- Highly motivated, action oriented, and results driven with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Reliable, dependable, and trustworthy.
- Polite, professional and respectful.
- A strong sense of confidentiality.
- A sense of humour.
- Proven ability to work both as a team and independently.
- Passion and enthusiasm for both the Position and BluEarth.
- Working for a well-capitalized leader in the Canadian renewable energy industry, with a track record of success.
- Working in a collegial, open, engaging, and fun atmosphere with a small, strongly aligned team.
- Exposure to many facets of the Company.
- The opportunity to make a significant, meaningful difference to the Company through a diversity of job activities and responsibilities.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, noting “Accounting Assistant” in the subject line. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.