Executive Assistant and Administration Manager
The Canadian Wind Energy Association (CanWEA) has an immediate opening for a permanent full-time Executive Assistant, this position is accountable for supporting the administrative needs of CanWEA’s Senior Management Team as well as the efficiency of both office management and administrative responsibilities. As a member of CanWEA’s management team, the position reports to the CanWEA President and provides support to CanWEA’s Senior Executives.
CanWEA has more than 400 members and is the national association for the wind energy industry in Canada. Our mission is to promote the responsible and sustainable growth of wind energy in Canada through policy development and advocacy with different levels of government, a broad range of communications and outreach activities, and educational and networking opportunities for all stakeholders.
Executive Assistant Key Responsibilities:
Provide coordination, project and administrative support for the work of the President and the Senior Executive team which may include:
- coordinating the Executive Committee and Board of Directors meetings, preparation of related meeting documentation, and acting as note taker;
- managing incoming and outgoing correspondence, responding to and directing internal and external calls and e-mails, managing executive appointment calendar and meeting schedule, meeting organization and preparation of materials, e-mail management, travel arrangement coordination, and expense report completion;
- undertaking specific projects/initiatives as requested.
- researching and preparing general information briefs, presentations, and memoranda on administrative and office management issues,
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Post-secondary degree with 5+ years experience in general office administrative functions of which 3 years was executive/senior management office administration.
- Well organized and able to use good judgement to assess the priority and sensitivity of different work items in an environment where delivery may be subject to time constraints.
- Good communication skills (written and oral in both official languages) to effectively provide a high level of client service to internal and external clients to professionally represent CanWEA .
- Senior level office administrative skills and practices (including experience with the Microsoft Office suite) that can be applied to a diverse group of Senior Executives with varied administrative requirements.
- Able to identify, define and propose initiatives and actions that will enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of CanWEA’s Senior Executive team and office administrative services.
CanWEA offers a competitive benefit plan, human resource programs, and this position is eligible to participate in the performance incentive plan.
Please send your electronic application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted for interviews.