Company: Sprott Power Corp.
Location: Sprott Power Corp. Head Office, 200 Bay Street, Suite 2700, Toronto, Ontario
Job title: Approvals Manager
Application Instructions: Resumes are to be provided to Andreea Munteanu via email before 15-Dec-2012 (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please reference the job title in the subject of the email.
David Eva, M.Eng, CFA Project Management Director
Type of position:
The role of the Approvals Manager (the "Manager") is to ensure that Sprott Power's developmental projects proceed through permitting and consultation processes according to project timelines and in a manner consistent with industry best practices. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of SPC team members and third-party consultants and/or contractors in order to successfully implement such plans and maximize the awareness and acceptance of SPC's projects by all relevant stakeholders.
The Manager will report to the Project Management Director and will work closely with the Senior Management Team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Creating public and municipal consultation plans for SPC's renewable energy projects that:
- meet requirements of all applicable regulations;
- aim to maximize public acceptable of SPC's wind projects and the wind industry in general;
- allow effective communication between SPC and relevant stakeholders; and,
- are consistent with industry best practices.
- Creating First Nations consultation plans.
- Implementing consultation plans and coordinating the participation of internal and external team members.
- Acting as the point of contact for stakeholders in SPC's projects throughout their full life cycle; from development through commercial operation.
- Organizing and running public information sessions.
- Ensuring submissions into government and regulatory agencies meet guidelines and requirements.
- Liaising with government and permitting agencies on any issues that arise in the permitting process.
- Researching current issues related to public acceptance of wind farms and CANWEA and industry best practices related to such issues.
- Communicating with CANWEA representatives and participating in relevant CANWEA meetings.
- Manage and effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in an on-going and timely basis.
- Draft and submit budgets and schedules for work associated with the responsibilities of the position.
- Identify and obtain the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants.
- Identifying, evaluating and managing consultants and consulting contracts.
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines, milestones, critical path and deliverables for work associated with the responsibilities of the position.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals and presentations as required.
- Determine and review the contents of project team reports, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Be able to travel for project meetings with colleagues, subcontractors, stakeholders and government agencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work experience requirements:
- Minimum 3 years of renewable energy experience in the Canadian marketplace
- Experience conducting public and municipal consultation for wind projects within the Ontario REA process
- Experience organizing and running public information sessions for wind projects within the Ontario REA process
- Experience in completing / reviewing documentation for wind projects for submission into the Ontario REA Process
- Experience conducting First Nations consultation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with different types of stakeholders (colleagues, senior management, consultants, landowners, First Nations, members of the public)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively within a team structure
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated project management capabilities (budgeting, scheduling, reporting, etc)
- Demonstrated strong work-ethic and willingness to learn
- Ability to speak French is an asset
Bachelor's degree required
Sprott Power Corp.
2012-11-09 - SPC - Job Description - Approvals Manager - Final.pdf