SWEB is a community based developer in Nova Scotia Canada, and is currently in early stage
development of approximately 100MW of distribution and transmission connected projects. These
projects range in size from 800kW to 40MW. SWEB is a joint venture between Scotian WindFields Inc
and WEB North America Inc.
We are currently looking for a Construction Manager
This person will oversee all technical activities wind energy project construction. Responsible for the
management of the personnel, equipment, consultants and subcontractors required to successfully install
wind turbine projects.
This position will be based out of Dartmouth Nova Scotia, and focus on projects throughout Nova Scotia.
This position will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Development and oversight of project schedule, ensuring project milestones and deadlines are
- Supervision of on-site personnel, equipment, and subcontractors.
- Management of overall project design and coordinate engineering and design consultants
- Tendering and oversight of balance of plant subcontracts
- Coordinate efforts to ensure project efficiency and value
- Conduct all efforts with regard to the best interests of the community
- Implementation of safety standards and procedures in all aspects of development and
- Coordination of project related shipping, logistics and transportation requirements.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelors degree in construction management or Engineering or equivalent
- 5 years experience as construction or project manager
- Previous Wind Energy Construction experience an asset
- Experience with heavy civil and or power systems a must
- Experience in Safety program administration
- Excellent leadership skills with ability to coach, mentor, and motivate construction team.
- Previous budgeting, cost management and scheduling experience.
- Ensure that the designs comply with all external and internal standards and codes.
- Ability to ensure appropriate QA/QC programs are in place and executed throughout all phases
of the project.
- Excellent English communications skills (verbal, active listening, written, meeting management,
- Strong PC computer skills (MS Office) required, MS Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, and
PowerPoint. Project management software experience.
SWEB Development Inc