Project Manager, Environmental and Permitting Services
Candidate must be a resident of Ontario as per Ontario Income tax Act definition
GL Garrad Hassan (GL GH) is the world's largest independent technical and engineering consultancy for renewable energy, serving the onshore and offshore wind, wave, tidal and solar sectors. From its offices across the globe, it offers a full service to stakeholders at all stages of the renewable energy project lifecycle which includes engineering, consultancy services, industry standard technology products and professional training courses.
GL Garrad Hassan is looking to recruit a "Project Manager Environmental and Permitting" in the Environmental and Permitting Services Department. The primary focus of this role is preparing REA applications, NHAs, environmental impact studies, stakeholder engagement sessions and permitting applications for projects mainly located in Ontario. The working environment is fast-paced with staff working across a wide range of active projects. GL GH is looking for a dynamic and versatile individual with experience and training in relevant fields such as biology (wildlife, vegetation, wetlands, etc.) and land planning; the selected individual will be requested to undertake studies in their field of expertise as well as manage permitting mandates for our Ontario clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Undertake and/or supervise specialized studies for large-scale wind and other renewable projects in his/her field, such as Natural Heritage Assessments, wildlife and vegetation assessments, land use and visual studies, etc.
- Preparing Renewable Energy Approval (REA) reports for wind energy projects and other renewables;
- Coordinate the overall execution of mandates by making optimal use of our multidisciplinary technical & scientific resources (internal and external) working in a matrix structure;
- Coordinating the work of available resources and external experts in charge of specialized aspects of environmental impact studies;
- Organizing consulting activities with different stakeholder groups, including regulatory agencies, local communities and First Nations;
- Preparing permitting applications;
- Maintain sustainable relationships and good communication with clients, vendors, sub-contractors and other project stakeholders;
- Assist in preparing custom-made proposals fit to each client/project
- General business development
- Knowledge of environmental assessment regulatory frameworks in Ontario;
- Thorough understanding of permitting processes;
- Excellent analytical and reporting abilities;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Demonstrated skills in project coordination and environmental analysis.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree (preferred) in a relevant field, namely biology (wildlife, ecology, conservation focus), land planning or environmental sciences;
- Experience with environmental and/or permitting in the wind or renewable energy industry; and/or experience in regulatory affairs;
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Requires the willingness and availability to travel up to 20 % of time for periods of a week or more at a time.
This position can is based in the Greater Toronto Area, Ontario.
GL Garrad Hassan North America is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the work place.
TO APPLY, please use the following link to access our online application: http://garradhassan.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-293919.html
Please do not call. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
GL Garrad Hassan