Project Manager, Wind Farm Design and Development
Candidate must be a resident of Ontario as per Ontario Income tax Act definition
GL Garrad Hassan (GL GH) is the world's largest independent technical and engineering consultancy for renewable energy, serving the onshore and offshore wind, wave, tidal and solar sectors. From its offices across the globe, it offers a full service to stakeholders at all stages of the renewable energy project lifecycle which includes engineering, consultancy services, industry standard technology products and professional training courses.
GL Garrad Hassan is looking to recruit a "Project Manager – Wind Farm Design and Development" to be part of a multidisciplinary team of experts within the GL Garrad Hassan North America Project Development Group.
Under the direction of the Team Leader, Wind Farm Design, the "Project Manager – Wind Farm Design and Development" will be responsible for the delivery of wind Project Development services. The candidate will be designing optimized wind farm layouts under state of the art GL Garrad Hassan methodologies and know how. The multidisciplinary skilled candidate will contribute in supporting developers during the development of their wind projects in assessing technical aspects that lead to final optimized wind farm layouts. The "Project Manager – Wind Farm Design", with internal and external teams support will be responsible of the project development services delivery on time and budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage projects and develop business by maximizing business stream for Project Development services;
- Prepare proposals and carry-out other basic business development activities;
- Configure and optimize wind farm layouts while factoring-in site-specific constraints and wind resource characteristics;
- Assess potential impacts of layouts using WindFarmer and other in-house software and verify conformity with applicable standards (noise, visual, electromagnetic interference, etc.);
- Manage, and coordinate engineering conceptual design and analyses (preliminary electrical and civil design of wind farm BoP);
- Prepare RFP, review bids, assist in bidder selection;
- Perform site visits for site assessment and turbine micro-siting;
- Perform construction monitoring (for contract adherence);
- Under the direction of other Team Leaders of related disciplines, define technical specifications of equipment and services necessary for the acquisition of meteorological data;
- Manage and coordinate wind resource measurement equipment installation and commissioning;
- Document and write technical reports;
- Participate within internal projects and support project teams; and
- Participate with writing and presenting technical findings in conferences and wind industry events.
- Qualifications in engineering and project management;
- Excellent grasp of the methods and techniques used in the wind industry and recognized ability to improve their application;
- Problem-solving ability;
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office software suite, particularly Excel and Word;
- Ability to read and interpret geographic maps;
- Ability to perform on site duties (site visits and equipment installation management and commissioning); and
- Business acumen.
- Scientifically rigorous, meticulous and methodic;
- Ability to problem solving and proactive anticipation of actions;
- Ability to work autonomously and in a multidisciplinary team;
- Ability to learn quickly; and
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Engineering degree in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in technical consulting services;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Project management; and
- Experience in wind energy industry (preferably in Ontario).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- PEO license;
- Valid Ontario driver license; and
- OSHA 30-hr certification or equivalent health and safety training.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Require the willingness and availability to travel up to 20 % of time for periods of a week or more at a time.
This position is based in the Greater Toronto Area, Ontario.
GL Garrad Hassan North America is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the work place.
TO APPLY, please use the following link to access our online application: http://garradhassan.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-293953.html
Please do not call. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
GL Garrad Hassan