Senior Team Leader, Project Development
GL Garrad Hassan (GL GH) is the world's largest independent technical and engineering consultancy for renewable energy, serving the onshore and offshore wind, wave, tidal and solar sectors. From its offices across the globe, it offers a full service to stakeholders at all stages of the renewable energy project lifecycle which includes engineering, consultancy services, industry standard technology products and professional training courses.
GL Garrad Hassan is looking to recruit a "Senior Team Leader – Project Development services" who will be responsible (under the direction of the Department Head) for the coordination and supervision of the Project Development Team (Engineers and technicians of various level and trades) and for the efficient assignment and delivery of projects in North America. Client relation building, business development and proposal/tender preparation, as well as Project management are also key responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Team Coordination/Supervision
- Assign work to ensure optimum utilization of staff for efficiency, client satisfaction and individual development;
- Prepare Integration Plan for new recruits;
- Coach, train and continuous transfer of know-how in the day-to-day;
- Conduct annual performance appraisals;
- Maintain staff motivate level via team building, delegation of task/responsibility, establishment of high standard of excellence and setting of stretched goals;
- Cultivate/nurture sense of innovation.
- Project Delivery
- Project management for key projects/accounts;
- Provide technical support to team;
- Provide leadership in multidisciplinary projects;
- Anticipate and respond quickly to solve problems/conflicts;
- Quality control of deliverables (technical, format standard);
- Enforce internal processes for quality and HSE;
- Control of project gross margin;
- Ensure deadlines are respected;
- Develop good sub-contractors/suppliers network;
- Develop new services, update methodologies.
- Business development
- Increase client base by bringing-in new client accounts;
- Build/maintain strong relationship with clients to ensure repeat business related revenue;
- Prepare or assign the preparation of proposals/tenders;
- Review of proposals – technical and financial;
- Attend key conference/exhibition events for business development (CanWEA and Awea);
- Promote cross-selling with others departments;
- Support Department Head in developing/updating BD action plan and sale targets.
Under the direction of the Department Head, the "Senior Team Leader – Project Development services" is in charge of the coordination and supervision of the Team members (8-10 individuals) delivering Project Development services (i.e. wind resource measurement (tower, remote sensing), noise measurement, feasibility studies, turbine layout design optimization, noise/shadow flicker/ice throw/EMI modeling, capex estimates, OE support pre and during construction, BOP contract review)
- Good track record in project management and client relationship;
- Experience in team management;
- Proven technical expertise in the field of engineering;
- Excellent grasp of the methods and techniques used in the wind industry and recognized ability to improve their application;
- Excellent ability to express oneself, both orally and in writing;
- Problem-solving ability;
- Exceptional ability to produce reports;
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office software.
- Scientific rigor, meticulousness and method;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work as a leader in a team;
- Good intercommunication skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Engineering degree (Mechanical, Civil or Electrical), Master degree in a relevant discipline is an advantage for the candidate;
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the Renewable industry (utility scale wind plan) and in project/Team management.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- ASP Construction or OSHAS accreditation or equivalent;
- PE license(s) in Quebec and/or in Ontario is an advantage for the candidate.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Requires the willingness and availability to travel up to 10 % of time for periods of a week or more at a time.
This position can is based in our GL Garrad Hassan Montreal office.
GL Garrad Hassan North America is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the work place.
TO APPLY, please use the following link to access our online application:
Please do not call. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
GL Garrad Hassan