Do you want to work with a dynamic, passionate and hardworking team? The Canadian Wind Energy Association (CanWEA) is seeking applicants for the position of Communications Assistant. Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Communications Assistant will assist in organizing and coordinating a range of communications activities, and support the work of the CanWEA Communications and Public Affairs Team.
- Collect and research content for print and online publications and websites;
- Serve as a departmental liaison with CanWEA members, industry representatives and industry stakeholder groups;
- Distribute print and e-based information products through designated channels and maintain distribution lists;
- Assist in maintaining the inventory of photos, images and collateral materials;
- Assist in planning and executing activities and logistics in support of CanWEA-sponsored conferences and events;
- Support maintenance and updating of CanWEA website and social media channels, as well as provide reports on web interactions;
- Assist with scheduling of meetings and travel;
- Respond to and assist in fulfilling information requests from members, industry stakeholders and the general public;
- Perform other related communications duties as required.
- Completion of university degree or business administration program with specialization or significant course work in public relations, event planning and web-based communications
Key Skills & Abilities:
- Microsoft Office
- Verbal and written communication skills in French and English
- Website content development and placement
- Organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Events and trade show logistics
CanWEA is an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate your interest in this role and we will be in touch with those candidates that best exemplify the background, skills and abilities that fit our requirements.
Please send a cover letter and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Canadian Wind Energy Association:
CanWEA is the voice of Canada's wind energy industry, actively promoting the responsible andsustainable growth of wind energy. A national non-profit association, CanWEA serves as Canada's leading source of credible information about wind energy and its social, economic and environmental benefits. Join us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and for insight on industry issues join the conversation at www.windfacts.ca.
For Canada to be a world leader in the production of clean wind energy, CanWEA believes we can and must reach a target of producing 20 per cent or more of our electricity from wind. Learn more at canwea.ca.