Closing date for applications: December 18, 2013
The Canadian Wind Energy Association (CanWEA) has an immediate opening for a one-year full-time contract position for an Administrative Assistant. This position reports to CanWEA’s Vice-President of Policy and Government Affairs and will provide administrative support to the six members of CanWEA’s Policy and Government Affairs Team located across Canada.
CanWEA has more than 300 member organizations and is the national association for the wind energy industry in Canada. Our mission is to promote the responsible and sustainable growth of wind energy in Canada through policy development and advocacy with different levels of government, a broad range of communications and outreach activities, and educational and networking opportunities for all stakeholders.
Administrative Assistant Key Responsibilities:
Provide logistical and administrative support for CanWEA’s Policy and Government Affairs team, which may include:
- managing incoming and outgoing correspondence;
- responding to and directing internal and external calls and e-mails;
- managing appointment calendars and meeting schedules;
- meeting organization, preparation of materials and note-taking at meetings;
- travel arrangement coordination and expense report completion; and
- undertaking specific projects/initiatives as requested.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Post-secondary degree with 3+ years experience in general office administrative functions.
- Well-organized and able to use good judgement to assess the priority and sensitivity of different work items requested by multiple team members in an environment where delivery may be subject to time constraints.
- Good communication skills (written and oral in both official languages) to effectively provide a high level of client service when working with internal staff, member organizations, government, utilities and stakeholders in order represent CanWEA in a professional manner.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work with people off-site in different time zones (i.e. Pacific to Atlantic time zones).
This position can be based at the CanWEA offices in Montreal or Ottawa.
CanWEA offers a competitive benefits plan, human resource programs, and this position is eligible to participate in CanWEA’s performance incentive plan.
Please send your electronic application to email@example.com.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted for interviews.