Human Resources Manager – Part Time
The Canadian Wind Energy Association (CanWEA) has an immediate opening for a part time Human Resources Manager based in Ottawa. The position will report to the President, coach and advise the Senior Leadership team on HR matters and support and mentor each CanWEA employee to reach their talent potential.
Key Areas of Responsibility: The part time Human Resource Manager (2-days/week) is responsible to oversee the day-to-day operations of the Human Resource function. The role is accountable to lead the HR function with a collaborative coaching and mentoring style. Its key focus is to support a high performance work culture where employees feel valued, engaged and motivated to build their careers.
- Work with the leadership team in the design and implementation of strategic planning and organization development initiatives
- Build organization effectiveness through team building, individual coaching/mentoring, competency and skill development, inter/intra-departmental relations and employee communication
- Oversee all HR functions, ensuring best practices and compliance with employment legislation, including career development training plans, collaborative teambuilding, communications and strategies, employee relations, performance management, benefits, compensation, employee survey, recruiting and orientation, health/ wellness and safety, HR policies and processes etc.
- Manage the Human Resource policies and practices keeping current on market practices and legislative changes to develop & implement updates and employee training as needed
- Maintain external relationships with CanWEA’s HR services providers including Benefit Consultant Insurance provider, Search firm etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Experience and Competencies:
- BA with 5+ years’ related work experience with 3 years management experience
- CHRP designation
- Proven experience in managing all aspects of the Human Resource function as well knowledge of employment legislation
- Superior communication, relationship building, facilitation, and team building skills
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills; proven capacity to be open minded and flexible in considering different approaches while balancing the merits of alternatives
- Strong collaboration skills and able to gain buy-in through seeking out employees’ opinions and perspectives
- Proven success as a creative and innovative thinker; able to contribute new ideas and challenge current thinking
- Strong analytical skills, detail oriented and able to identify enhancements/improvements and develop effective implementation plans
- Proactive and able to work in an environment with changing and competing priorities as well as tight deadlines
- Experience as a part-time Human Resource manager considered an asset
- Association and/or Not-for-Profit experience an asset
- Bilingualism in both official languages preferred
Please send your electronic application to email@example.com. Your application should include: (a) a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and why you are best suited for it, (b) your curriculum vitae, and (c) a list of three references.
Deadline: Please apply November 8, 2013
We thank you for your interest in CanWEA. Due to the volume of applications, only those applicants considered for the position will be contacted.
About the Canadian Wind Energy Association (CanWEA)
CanWEA is the voice of Canada's wind energy industry, actively promoting the responsible and sustainable growth of wind energy on behalf of its members. A national non-profit association, CanWEA serves as Canada's leading source of credible information about wind energy and its social, economic and environmental benefits. In order for Canada to be a world leader in the production of clean wind energy, CanWEA believes we can and must reach a target of producing 20 per cent or more of our electricity from wind by 2025. The document WindVision 2025 - Powering Canada's Future is available at www.canwea.ca.
CANWEA HR Manager Posting 2013.pdf