BluEarth Renewables is a private company focused upon commercial-scale renewable energy development. As an independent renewable power producer, our goal is to build, own, and operate sustainable wind, water, and solar generation projects across North America. Our goals in the next five to seven years are: to acquire and build $1 billion of projects on-time and on-budget; and have projects in our pipeline for future growth that, when built, will have a total capital cost of $1 billion. We have approximately $170 million of founding capital committed by our management team, ARC Financial, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, and friends & family.
Our foundational values are:
Our organizational values are:
Reports directly to the Corporate Controller.
Accountabilities & Key Functions
In this role, the individual is accountable for supporting the Corporate Controller in the preparation of the Company’s accounting records, financial statements, financial reporting and payroll. In all activities, dealings, and decisions the Senior Accountant will exemplify the values of BluEarth Renewables Inc. (BluEarth or the Company). Key functions include:
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages, including financial statements, notes and variance analysis.
- Preparing quarterly joint venture reporting packages.
- Preparing and/or posting journal entries.
- Preparing and maintaining lead sheets and continuity schedules for various general ledger accounts.
- Preparing and issuing invoices for chargebacks or sales.
- Maintaining accounting records for development and construction projects, including preparing monthly reports.
- Assisting with audit preparation and liaising with auditors for documentation requests.
- Administering payroll and benefit plans.
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Preparing documentation for capital calls and co-ordinating the receipt of funds.
- Providing assistance to the accounting and administration team as required.
- Upholding and promoting the Company’s core values.
As the Company continues to grow, so too will the tasks of the Senior Accountant. Future tasks may include:
- Preparing and maintaining corporate reporting for BluEarth and any subsidiary or associated entities.
- Managing BluEarth’s cash position, including forecasting and daily cash requirements.
A recognized Canadian accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA) is required. Progress toward a designation may be considered, when coupled with appropriate, equivalent experience.
Experience & Skills
- Minimum five years recent accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and good understanding of financial processes.
- Strong working knowledge of ACCPAC or similar accounting software.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and excellent data entry skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to identify and solve problems.
- Experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to exercise good judgement, show initiative, and be proactive.
- Highly detail oriented and committed to accuracy.
- Highly accountable, responsible and ethical.
- Highly motivated, action oriented, and results driven with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to proactively react to rapidly changing business conditions.
- Reliable, dependable, and trustworthy.
- Polite, professional and respectful.
- A strong sense of confidentiality.
- A sense of humour.
- Proven ability to work both as a team and independently.
- Passion and enthusiasm for both the Position and BluEarth.
- Working for a well-capitalized leader in the Canadian renewable energy industry, with a track record of success.
- Working in a collegial, open, engaging, and fun atmosphere with a small, strongly aligned team.
- Exposure to many facets of the Company.
- The opportunity for growth within the role of Senior Accountant.
- The opportunity to make a significant, meaningful difference to the Company through a diversity of job activities and responsibilities.
- The opportunity to have direct ownership in the Company.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, noting “Senior Accountant” in the subject line. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.