Electrical Superintendent II - Canada
The individual uses their expertise in the electrical field on the wind farms to identify potential issues or concerns in the planning phase, monitors installation means and methods during the execution phase, and ensures all necessary specifications and requirements have been met in the closeout phase, of the project. This individual is also responsible for assisting the site management in monitoring the scope, schedule, and resources of the subcontractors involved in electrical work. Finally, the Electrical Superintendent is responsible for monitoring the Safety, Quality, and Efficiency of subcontracted work on each project they are assigned to in Canada.
- Maintain liaison with other functions to ensure all required materials, equipment, and inspections support the project schedule
- Coordinate plans and specifications with design engineers, clarifying discrepancies on the electrical scope of the project
- Partner with PM during the construction phase to budget, manage, and forecast the following: craft labor, equipment, materials, small tools, consumables, & general conditions
- Review project schedule & 3-week look ahead
- Ensure all equipment and material are properly ordered
- Create a set of processes and procedures
- Implement Mortenson's ZERO Injury Safety Program on the project
- Mentor and train field electrical personnel foremen and assistant superintendents
- Implement and understand project administration requirements in conjunction with the project manager
- Manages complete scope of electrical project
- Coordinates, plans and supervises project field activities with foremen, assistant superintendents, contractors and/or craft activities
- Creates and updates project schedules in P3 and 3-week look ahead schedules in SureTrak
- Implements the Zero Injury Safety Program into the project
- Selects formwork systems and equipment
- Develops and implements site utilization plan and establishes crew sizes
- Maintains relationships with customers, architects, union representatives, subcontractors, etc.
- Implements and understands project administration requirements in conjunction with the PM
- Conducts performance reviews of Foremen, General Foremen, and Assistant Superintendents
- Supervise the installation, splicing, and termination of fiber optic cables and the installation of multiple underground cable systems in different locations simultaneously.
- Locate existing underground cable routes
- Locate the training of cable splicers and crews.
- Analyze and resolve work problems
- Proven ability to resolve cross-cultural conflict in a culturally appropriate way
- Demonstrated resource for valuing and promoting diversity
- Ability to work according to standard instruction and established procedures
- Develop strategies to address underutilization and/or inclusiveness
- Ability to build strong cross-cultural relationships
- Ability to determine work method alternative
- All other duties as assigned
Supervision, Coordination or Work Direction:
Provide leadership to other team members in the department by displaying resourcefulness, self-starting work habits, and creativity in problem solving based on information and judgment. Ability to work with minimum assistance and supervision is required.
Must be able to effectively communicate with immediate team members, team members in other departments, immediate managers, managers in other departments, executives, customers, partners, and craft team members.
Responsible for Assistant Superintendent(s), Project Engineer(s), Field Engineer(s), Craft team members, and Subcontractors.
Summary of the Expected Outcome(s):
High quality professional level work product, a positive attitude and behavior traits, initiative and productivity are expected in this position.
Performance should meet and/or exceed the positions established standards, goals and accountabilities.
- High school diploma
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Must have 10 years supervision experience and/or 10 years construction experience, preferably in Industrial industry
- 10 plus years experience working with high and medium voltage equipment and cables, the installation of transmission/collection lines and substation construction. Plus previous experience in a supervisory of direct reports and /or subcontractors is required.
- Experience working with voltages of 34.5kv and up
- Possess working knowledge of the latest NESC, NEC, IEEE, NEMA and OSHA codes and standards and industry safety requirements and methods.
- Proficient in all types of termination and splicing for all types of high and medium voltage cables.
- Proficient in the installation, testing, acceptance, maintenance, and repair of high and medium voltage cables.
- Be knowledgeable of current injection, Hi-pot, capacitance discharge, contact resistance, Megger, TTR, Doble, and other methods of cable and equipment testing for high and medium voltages.
- Possess working knowledge in:
- Electrical drawings, sketches and prints
- Underground direct bury
- Underground padmount transformer uses and applications
- SCADA systems
- Ability to adapt communication style to the speaker and possess a high degree of active listening skills
- Record of including diverse team members when assigning challenging and high profile assignments
- Must demonstrate emotional intelligence; being aware of the emotions of self and others
- Strong leadership, communication, problem solving, initiative, and teamwork skills
- Strong teamwork orientation
- Positive attitude and professional customer service skills
- Detail oriented
- Must be open to change based on diverse input and feedback
- Open to change based on diverse input and feedback
- Must possess a baseline knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action and Inclusiveness
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of internal and external constituencies from varied and diverse backgrounds
- Must possess strong cross-cultural relationship building and influencing abilities internally and externally at all levels of the organization
- Must be able to handle exposure to dirt, heat, water, noise, dust, vibration, and office environment
- Must be able to walk, stand, and sit
Renewable Energy Group Qualifications
- Must be willing to travel
To Apply, please visit www.mortenson.com.