Wind Energy Analyst
GL Garrad Hassan (GL GH) is the world’s largest independent technical and engineering consultancy for renewable energy, serving the onshore and offshore wind, wave, tidal and solar sectors. From its offices across the globe, it offers a full service to stakeholders at all stages of the renewable energy project lifecycle which includes engineering, consultancy services, industry standard technology products and professional training courses.
GL Garrad Hassan is looking to recruit a Wind Energy Analyst in the GL GH North America Energy Group. The primary function of this position is to assess the wind resource and expected energy output of proposed utility-scale wind farms as developed across North America.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct long-term wind resource and energy production assessments:
- Analyzing wind and other climatic data (40%),
- Inspecting sites and measurement equipment (5%),
- Performing wind flow modeling (10%),
- Assessing site conditions for turbine suitability (5%),
- Predicting wind farm energy production (20%),
- Conducting statistical uncertainty analyses (5%),
- Writing technical reports and communicating results to clients (15%).
- Comprehensive understanding of wind flow principles,
- Aptitude in the statistical analysis of data,,
- Proficiency with GH WindFarmer and WAsP a plus,
- Proficiency with MS Office Word/Excel/Access,
- Strong overall computer skills and ability to learn multiple software tools,
- Understanding of wind energy industry measurement techniques and standards,
- Thorough knowledge of various mapping tools and map formats.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal),
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills,
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time,
- Ability to write technical reports and commercial correspondence,
- Ability to present technical information clearly and concisely.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in relevant engineering, atmospheric science, or mathematics field. Advanced degree a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Able to sit for long periods of time when working in the office.
- Repetitive tasks, typing, sitting and interacting with computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) most of the day.
- Most frequently working in an indoor, environmentally controlled environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
The employee is required to travel to assigned project site locations; typical travel time is approximately 3 days every 6 weeks.
This position is based in GL Garrad Hassan Montreal North America office.
GL Garrad Hassan offers an excellent benefit package.
GL Garrad Hassan North America is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the work place.
TO APPLY: All applicants must complete an online application.
Please use the following link to complete the application:
Please do not call. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
GL Garrad Hassan