Operations/Project Manager – Wintering Hills
Scope of Position:
This position is responsible for the management of all the Operations and Maintenance activities at a specific wind plant or wind plants.
Reports to:||Area Operations Manager or Regional Manager|
Division/Department: ||EDF Renewal Services (EDF-RS) |
Location: ||Drumheller, Alberta (Canada) |
Normal office environment. Spends approximately 30% of time away from the office. Travel includes but is not limited to visits to other EDF-RS locations, meetings with EDF-RS customers, organizational partners and clients, and others related to/interested in the wind-energy business.
- The implementation and supervision of Internal Control is under the responsibility of every manager within his/her scope of authority.
- Oversee the management, operations, maintenance, service, and repair of wind turbines and wind turbine components to specified requirements.
- Maintain written and oral communications with customers, public, local officials.
- Responsibility for the preparation of and adherence to the O&M project budgets.
- Evaluate the performance of each direct report at least annually through the use of written performance evaluations, recommend compensation changes within corporate and budgetary guidelines, evaluate and recommend training for employees.
- May be required to perform Medium and High Voltage Switching operations.
- May be required to climb turbines from time to time to perform QC inspections and repair FAA lights.
- All other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or other related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within the wind-energy or related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience.
- Strong computer and reporting experience required, including but not limited to creating spreadsheets and reports using Microsoft Office Programs.
- Bilingual in French and English required in Quebec and preferred in Alberta.
To apply for the position, you must submit your resume to HR by faxing to
(514) 789-2807, or scan/email form and resume to Laurence.Lauzon@edf-en.ca.
EDF Renewable Services