EDF Renewable Services, a leader in wind energy, has an opening for a regular full-time Wind Technicians for the Wintering Hills Wind Park, located in Drumheller, Alberta.
Scope of Position:
This entry-level position is for “new-to-the-industry” personnel. This level is intended to perform as an assistant to an experienced technician. This position, under specific direction from the site supervisor, maintains turbines, including but not limited to preventive maintenance and repairs as needed.
Reports to: Site Supervisor
Division/Department: Operations & Maintenance
Location: Drumheller, Alberta (Canada)
Wind Technicians spend 100% of their time in the field, excluding safety; supervisor and scheduled training exercises. Wind Technicians work in teams and are provided a company vehicle (service truck) in which they carry the required tools and parts necessary to perform repairs and/or maintenance on turbines in multiple wind fields on any given day. Generally, Service Technicians work in extreme weather conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work safely under all circumstances and seek guidance for any work for which they are unfamiliar or do not feel competent to perform safely.
- Operate and care for company property and equipment in an efficient and safe manner.
- Change gearbox oil in a designated area or wind field.
- Grease/torque wind turbines.
- May also service turbines based on the type of turbine (manufacturer) in multiple wind fields.
- Perform “status” checks including clearing “error” codes on turbines and repairing the problems.
- Replace mechanical components.
- Service blade and hub components as required by turbine type.
- Complete on a daily basis, work orders, time cards and any other required paperwork for the specific project/assignment.
- All other duties as assigned by the direct supervisor or his/her designee.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Collegial diploma or equivalent: or up to one year related experience or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bilingual French & English
- Successfully complete applicable safety and technical training program for the entry level wind technician.
- Able to demonstrate some basic computer knowledge.
- Able to follow both verbal and written instructions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
To apply for the position, you must submit your resume to HR by faxing to
(514) 789-2807, or scan/email form and resume to Laurence.Lauzon@edf-en.ca.
“turning innovative ideas and long-term relationships into ethical high-value sustainable business”
EDF Renewable Services