Company: Sprott Power Corp.
Location: Sprott Power Corp. Head Office, 200 Bay Street, Suite 2700, Toronto, Ontario
Application Instructions: Resumes are to be provided to Andreea Munteanu via email before 15-Dec-2012 (email@example.com). Please reference the job title in the subject of the email.
Job title: Project Manager
David Eva, M.Eng, CFA Project Management Director
Type of position:
The role of the Project Manager (PM) is to plan, develop and manage all aspects of SPC's renewable energy development projects, in coordination with other Project Management staff, according to strict project deadlines and within the approved budgets. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of SPC team members and third-party consultants and/or contractors in order to deliver projects according to plan. The PM will also define the project's objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle to ensure that the projects will meet or exceed SPC's financial return targets.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Direct and manage project development throughout its full life cycle from development to commercial operation.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and key stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Manage and effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in an on-going and timely basis.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Identify and obtain the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments as necessary during project cycle.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines, milestones, critical path and deliverables using appropriate management tools.
- Develop and deliver monthly progress reports, proposals and presentations as required.
- Determine and review the contents of bi-weekly project team reports, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Be able to travel for project meetings with stakeholders, utilities and permitting agencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work experience requirements:
- Minimum 2 years of renewable energy experience in the Canadian marketplace
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with different types of stakeholders (colleagues, senior management, consultants, landowners, First Nations, members of the public)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively coordinate a team
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated project management capabilities (budgeting, scheduling, reporting, etc)
- Demonstrated work-ethic and willingness to learn
- Experience managing environmental assessments, especially within the Ontario REA process is preferred
- Ability to speak French is an asset
Bachelor's degree required (preferably in an engineering or environmental discipline).
Sprott Power Corp.
2012-11-09 - SPC - Job Description - Project Manager - Final.pdf