Company: Sprott Power Corp.
Location: Sprott Power Corp. Head Office, 200 Bay Street, Suite 2700, Toronto, Ontario
Job title: Environmental Manager
Application Instructions: Resumes are to be provided to Andreea Munteanu via email before 15-Dec-2012 (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please reference the job title in the subject of the email.
David Eva, M.Eng, CFA Project Management Director
Type of position:
The role of the Environmental Manager (EM) is to manage environmental assessments for SPC's renewable energy development projects, manage environmental compliance for construction projects and manage environmental monitoring and compliance for operating projects. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of SPC team members and third-party consultants and/or contractors in order to obtain permits and approvals for SPC's projects according to project schedules and to ensure that SPC's projects in construction and operations are at all times in compliance with all applicable permits and approvals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Directing and managing the environmental permitting, approvals, monitoring and compliance of SPC's projects throughout their full life cycle; from development through commercial operation.
- Directing and managing environmental consultants.
- Liaising with government agencies.
- Manage and effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in an on-going and timely basis.
- Draft and submit budgets and schedules for work associated with the responsibilities of the position.
- Identify and obtain the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Identifying, evaluating and managing consultants and consulting contracts
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines, milestones, critical path and deliverables for work associated with the responsibilities of the position
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals and presentations as required.
- Determine and review the contents of project team reports, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Be able to travel for project meetings with colleagues, subcontractors, stakeholders and permitting agencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work experience requirements:
- Minimum 3 years of renewable energy experience in the Canadian marketplace
- Experience managing environmental assessments within the Ontario REA process
- Strong knowledge of Ontario NHA and REA process and requirements
- Experience conducting public consultation and First Nations consultation is an asset
- Experience organizing and running public information sessions is an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with different types of stakeholders (colleagues, senior management, consultants, landowners, First Nations, members of the public)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively within a team structure
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated project management capabilities (budgeting, scheduling, reporting, etc)
- Demonstrated work-ethic and willingness to learn
- Ability to speak French is an asset
Bachelor's degree required (preferably in an environmental discipline).
Sprott Power Corp.
2012-11-09 - SPC - Job Description - Environmental Manager - Final.pdf