Field Operations High Voltage (HV) Technician - Mount Copper, QC
Your energy can make a world of difference.
NextEra Energy, Inc. "NEE" with revenues of more than $15.3 billion, more than 41,000 megawatts (MW) of generating capacity across 24 states, Canada and Spain, is North America's top producer of energy from the wind and the sun, and has greenhouse gas emission rates that are among the lowest of any large power company. We are looking for professionals to help support our growth. NextEra Energy, Inc. ranked No. 1 for the sixth consecutive year among electric and gas utility companies in Fortune® magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies®." NextEra Values that we live by; we are committed to excellence, we do the right thing, and we treat people with respect.
Field Operations High Voltage (HV) Technician I
- Champion a culture where working safely is a company core value.
- Participate, lead and contribute to activities such as safety meetings, job briefings (tailboards) and safety observations
- Maintain Transmission and Substation systems including overhead lines, breakers, transformers, switches, control systems, batteries, and underground collection systems
- Performs condition assessment inspections, minor maintenance and operational checks of substation apparatus and systems
- Ensure Transmission & Substation assets are operated & maintained in compliance with all local, state, federal and environmental regulations.
- Troubleshoot and correct substation equipment and system issues
- Support the analysis of protective relay events including relay interrogation.
- Perform post outage site restoration
- Collect and analyze data to identify root cause and recommended countermeasures
- Demonstrate a commitment to safety
- Coordinate and oversee contractors for overhead line, P&C (Protection and Control), station apparatus and underground collection system construction, repairs and maintenance
- Check and review maintenance test records
- Ensure information accuracy of NextEra's on-line Asset Management System (AMP)
- Review commissioning records & witness operational checks at new sites.
- Operate, maintain, and manage HV utility truck and tool inventory.
- Prepare Event Root-cause analysis utilizing Quality Tools.
- Utilize data to Drive Performance Excellence culture
- Collaborate with team members to identify root-cause and propose solutions to operational issues
- High School diploma or GED required an Associate's degree in related field preferred.
- Must be able to work outdoors in inclement weather, climb ladders without assistance, and work at heights up to 120 feet from the ground surface.
- 3 to 5 years, Substation, Protection & Control, Transmission or Collection system experience required.
- Substation Switching qualified (up to 345kV).
- CDL Preferred.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
Contact us at: HV-TECHNICIAN-RECRUITMENT@nexteraenergy.com