This position will provide overall "hands-on" management of the Oenko business processes and personnel. It requires extensive experience with all aspects of a small manufacturing company engaged in business to business sales. Responsibilities are broad-based and include all business functions. These functions include: operations (manufacturing, purchasing, logistics), engineering, and customer service. This employee will provide direct day-to-day oversight of the production team leader, project engineer, purchasing, accounting, and administrative personnel. The General Manager will also have management oversight of contractors and outside consultants. The General Manager will build and optimize business systems to ensure smooth and efficient processes from quoting to invoice. The position will work with the company president on sales and marketing and also have support and direction from NRG's executive management team. The General Manager will need to coordinate directly with customers to insure quality and completeness of customer orders.
The General Manager will report directly to the company President with a dotted-line responsibility to NRG Systems Director of Manufacturing. The General Manager will be responsible for all Oenko employee reviews and evaluations, and will provide direct input to employee hiring and compensation. This position is expected to have light travel in Canada and the US.
- Day to day oversight of all company operations.
- Executing on company goals and objectives.
- Assist in developing strategic plans to meet future growth. This will include personnel, capital equipment and facility planning.
- Developing and documenting standard business processes and process controls.
- Development and implementation of effective company communication and building a strong team work environment.
- Maintain a safe work environment which meets all regulatory requirements. This includes developing and enforcing company programs to comply will all pertinent safety and environmental regulations.
- Insuring the company maintains company certifications (i.e. CSA-tower, CWB-welding, IEC-booms).
- Overseeing production processes and capacity.
- Direct input in hiring and personnel management.
- Direct oversight of customer support. This includes responsibility for on-going customer projects.
- 10 years of diverse business experience. Ideally, experienced with a company start-up.
- 5 years of company management.
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- BS degree in a technical or business field.
- Experience with business financial reporting and MRP programs.
- Bi-lingual - French and English.
- Enthusiasm for the production team's goals and Oenko mission.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and experience required to successfully accomplish job requirements.
- Demonstrated management experience and formal Human Relations/Communication training.
- Knowledge and application of employment laws and safety regulations.
- Experience in the Wind Industry.
To apply for this position, please visit http://www.nrgsystems.com/AboutNRG/WorkingAtNRG/CareerOpportunities.aspx