Wind Energy Project Manager
SWEB is a community based developer in Nova Scotia Canada, and is currently in early stage
development of approximately 100MW of distribution and transmission connected projects. These
projects range in size from 800kW to 40MW. SWEB is a joint venture between Scotian WindFields Inc
and WEB North America Inc.
We are currently looking for a Wind Energy Project Manager
This person will oversee all technical activities wind energy project development. Responsible for the
management of the personnel, equipment, consultants and subcontractors required to successfully install
wind turbine projects.
This position will be based out of Dartmouth Nova Scotia, and focus on projects throughout Nova Scotia.
This position will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Development and oversight of project schedule, ensuring project milestones and deadlines are
- Management and tracking of project budgets
- Management of overall project design and coordinate engineering and design consultants
- Tendering and oversight of balance of plant subcontracts
- Coordination with all required authorities in Municipal and Provincial Government, Nova Scotia
Power, and others as required.
- Management of land control, access and easement requirements
- Coordinate efforts to ensure project efficiency and value
- Integrate with project accountants to ensure accurate and timely billing and accounting
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelors degree in construction management or Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experience as a project manager
- Previous Wind Energy Construction experience an asset
- Experience with interfacing with government and utility authorities required
- Previous budgeting, cost management and scheduling experience.
- Ability to manage external engineering consultants to complete engineering deliverables such as
equipment specifications, preliminary and detailed design and construction work packages.
- Ensure that the designs comply with all external and internal standards and codes.
- Excellent English communications skills (verbal, active listening, written, meeting management,
- Strong PC computer skills (MS Office) required, MS Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, and
PowerPoint. Project management software experience.
SWEB Development Inc