Site Manager/Technical Advisor
GE Energy is one of the world's leading suppliers of power generation and energy delivery technologies, with 2011 revenue of more than $20 billion. Based in Atlanta, Georgia, GE Energy works in all areas of the energy industry including coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear energy; renewable resources such as water, wind, solar and biogas; and other alternative fuels. Under ecomagination, GE will invest $1.5 billion annually in research in cleaner technologies by 2011, up from $700 million in 2004.
With wind turbine design, manufacturing and assembly facilities in Germany, Spain, China, Canada and the United States, GE Energy is among the leading providers of wind energy products and support services ranging from commercial wind turbines and grid integration products to project development assistance and operation and maintenance. The company's knowledge base includes the development and/or installation of more than 15,000 wind turbines.
This role will serve as Site manager/Technical Advisor for operations and maintenance activities at the Digby Wind Site, in Digby, NS.
- Supervise and perform warranty repairs, operations and maintenances on 1.5 MW GE wind turbine generators (WTG).
- Evaluate multiple fault records to increase mean time between failures.
- Troubleshoot 5 to 1000 V AC/DC circuits and operate GE control systems.
- Assign work orders to crews, and manage crews.
- Follow up and audit maintenance and troubleshooting activities to ensure work performed to satisfaction.
- Perform climbs of +280 feet to perform annual or semi-annual maintenances, troubleshoot, and repair failures, which may occur, and collect data.
- Analyze daily computer generated power production reports.
- Conduct electronic troubleshooting using wire and block diagram schematics.
- Maintain all computer generated service records and time sheets using Oracle software.
- Assist with P & L reporting responsibilities.
- Responsible for spare parts inventory.
- Bachelor's or technical degree in technical discipline from an accredited institution.
- At least 2 years' experience in an electrical/mechanical service industry, preferably in power generation, with supervision and customer interaction experience.
- Black Belt certified (Internal GE candidates only).
- Wind turbine or rotating equipment experience.
- Hands-on and/or commissioning experience or project manager experience.
- You MUST possess a valid driver's license.
- You MUST possess an acceptable driving record.
- You MUST possess the ability to climb steel towers up to 280'.
- You MUST submit your application for employment through gecareers.com to be considered.
- You MUST be 18 years or older.
- You MUST be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
- If currently a GE employee, you MUST have been in your current role for at least 12 months and have at least a satisfactory performance rating.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE VISIT WWW.GECAREERS.COM AND SEARCH FOR JOB # 1529156.